Walk with the dog, run free and go swimming
- For in between or to start or finish the day without a car, we recommend the Vareler Stadtwald right in your neighborhood. It is also very suitable for small courses and jogging.
- Route 10 minutes on foot to the White Gate Vareler Stadtwald
- Alternatively, you go down the Alter Warf, cross the Steinbrückenweg, cross the sports field, come out at the Windallee and keep right until the White Gate, walk about 5 minutes.
- Das Weltnaturerbe Wattenmeer is at your doorstep and to start the holiday right, we recommend a walk around the Vareler Hafen (Round about 2.5 km). Numerous restaurants invite to small or large breaks and more than half of the tour you can enjoy without car traffic.
- Next you should take time for a tour of Dangast. A drive of ten minutes brings you to the parking lot in Dangast directly to the beach, as a spa guest with spa card you can park there for free, the beach entrance is free.
- Less than a ten minute drive away in Oberstrohe you will find the forest Herrenneuen with a crystal clear lake. In Herrenneuen you can roam through all forest forms: coniferous forest, beech forest, mixed forest and small hills with heath and bickberry (small blueberry) are for eyes, feet, noses and paws pure relaxation.
- In Oberstrohe you will also find the Mühlenteich. The small pond is surrounded in a few minutes (about 1.0 km), the parking lot at the pond offers you the possibility as a starting point for more extensive tours.
- Towards the northwest, in the Frisian Wehde there is the Neuenburger Urwald, of course, without lianas and wild animals, but with a lot of discovery potential, because the Neuenburger Urwald is only minimal groomed. The motto is: What falls down remains. Only paths are cleared and there is a well signposted “nodal point system (Knotenpunktsystem)”: http: //www.naturerlebnis-suedliches-friesland.de/urwaldwanderungen/karte for pedestrians and cyclists
- Free tread Huntsteert Schortens (about 20 minutes by car) and Huntsteert on Facebook, free of charge
- Free tread and Dog playground Moving Dogs in Neuenburgerfeld, Spolsener Moorstraße 10 (about 20 minutes by car), chargeable, 2,50 € 1. Dog, 1,50 € 2. Dog, special days for greyhounds or small dogs
- Free tread WHV Heuweg 11 near Hornbach (about 20 minutes by car), huge fully fenced terrain, free of charge
- Small section in Dangast on the beach, free. But there too I should be on a leash. From October to April I am allowed to use the whole beach in Dangast and then I can run behind the campsite to the Kurhaus.
- Dog beaches Wangerland: Beach sections in the seaside resorts Hooksiel, Horumersiel and Schillig. Here you can let off steam to your heart’s content in the sand and in the waves of the sea…. the travel guide of Wangerland writes… so he says: if there is water. Otherwise mudslinging and shower afterwards!
From October to April there are additional sections for dogs or even the entire beach is released.
- Dog beaches Wangerland Wangerland: Beach sections in the seaside resorts Hooksiel, Horumersiel and Schillig.
- Waldsee Herrenneuen
- North Sea, if there is water
- Vareler Hafen, there is mostly water there
- Dangast, most of all on the beach at the Altes Kurhaus, also at low tide (c;
- in the Jade (There you can also canoe)
- open all year: Beachclub Nethen or Facebook BCNehten
There are: obstacle course for the four-legged friends, dog shower, free droppings, drinking stations, various actions e.g. SUP with dog. Opening hours and prices can be found on the Hundestrand website.
Our dog walks at komoot
We have recorded some of our tours at www.komoot.de.
We can share the tours and make them accessible to all Komoot members. Alternatively, you can sign up with Komoot also with his Facebook profile and watch the tours.
So you have to create a Komoot profile or have a Facebook profile to see the tours completely. A Komoot profile is free and you only need an e-mail address, username and password. We hope you enjoy our little dog walks!